Located approximately 20 miles north of New York City on over 40 acres of land, the Russian Orthodox Convent Novo-Diveevo was founded in October of 1949 by Father Adrian Rimarenko (later Archbishop Andrei of Rockland).
The convent is home to many sacred relics including a full length portrait of St. Seraphim of Sarov painted during his lifetime, a cross from the Ipatiev House, and a “Vladimir” icon of the Holy Theotokos, a gift from the Optina Pustyn monastery.
The convent grounds are comprised of two churches: the Cathedral of St. Seraphim of Sarov and a “small church” in honor of the Dormition which is located in the convent house. Also on the grounds are an adult home for the elderly, a guest house for visitors, and the largest Russian Orthodox cemetery in America. Next to the Cathedral is a newly renovated dining hall used for gatherings and meals after Sunday liturgy. The convent is also home to a newly renovated ‘Book Nook’ with an extensive collection of Orthodox books and icons.